For Vacation Rentals, Guesthouses, Self-catering Holiday Cottages and Farmhouses by the Sea in Bamburgh, Northumberland, UK
With wonderful views of Bamburgh Castle and the Farne Islands near the Holy Island of Lindisfarne, Berwick-upon-Tweed, the Cheviot Hills and the Scottish Borders
A traditional Northumberland farmhouse, open from April to November, offering a comfortable, friendly atmosphere with a high standard of service only one and a half miles from the attractive coastal village of Bamburgh.
Accommodation is very peaceful and private and all bedrooms are extremely spacious.
Ground floor disabled access bedrooms are also available.
There is an elegant residents’ lounge and dining room where delicious farmhouse breakfasts are served, with diets for vegetarians well catered for.
There are nine bedrooms:
- Accommodation upstairs (4 rooms) in the main part of Burton Hall consists of one family room, one single room, one double room and one twin room with two public bathrooms.
The double and twin rooms have spectacular views over the fields to Bamburgh Castle and the Farne Islands.
- Downstairs easy access (2 rooms) there is a king-size bed en-suite and a twin room, which has its own shower room across the corridor.
The twin room and king-size en-suite on the ground floor are ideal rooms for disabled access or for elderly guests who are unable to climb the stairs.
- The West Wing (4 rooms inc. 1 downstairs) of Burton Hall has been renovated, furnished and decorated to a very high standard and has two king-size bed en-suites and two double en-suites (with showers) offering quality accommodation with a lounge/bedroom with colour TV.
- Sleep soundly under the luxurious duvets in our bedrooms which all have tea and coffee making facilities, clock radio alarms, TV and hairdryers.
- You will have you own door key so that you may come and go as you please.
- A pay telephone is availabe in the hall and there is plenty of safe parking space.
The well-appointed dining room is where we serve full English Breakfasts starting with fruit juices and the biggest range of breakfast cereals you have ever seen.
Our cooked breakfasts include eggs any style, bacon, sausage, tomatoes and mushrooms, or fresh Swallow Fish Oak Smoked kippers, plus plenty of options for vegetarians, followed by tea or coffee with lots of hot toast with homemade preserves.
There is an elegant, comfortable lounge where you can relax in style in the big sofas, chat to other guests and watch your favourite programmes on our large T.V., with a selection of in-house videos to choose from.
We do not provide evening meals, but are very happy to recommend some very good eating places in the locality to suit every taste.
The Mizen Head offer very good value evening meals whilst the the more expensive Victoria Hotel has an excellent brasserie.
The Copper Kettle tearooms and gift shop is well worth a visit too.